A Mother's Love

A mother's love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible. (Anonymous)

Friday, June 17, 2011

What Being Home Means To Me

Being home with my kids makes me feel so good. I don't feel like I'm missing out on all of the little things any more like watching my 2 year old son's curiosity when he picks up a worm. My twins are so cute together. They like to show each other their treasures and babble back and forth to each other. The other day they walked down the hall with one going backward and the other going forward and holding hands together while giggling the whole time. I just giggled right with them.
I'm not sitting behind a desk anymore while they grow up behind me. I feel like my kids are growing up so fast. I hate that I missed out on a lot with my 9 and 6 year old daughters. I love having that strong connection. I also like being able to take some time out for myself or go on a date night with my wonderful husband and not feel that guilt for being away from my kids. I always felt that when I worked full time. I would come home tired and hurry to cook dinner before my husband came home for his "lunch hour", help with homework, get bath night done and then all of a sudden it's their bedtime. I honestly lived for the weekends, but then I had laundry and housework, and grocery shopping, and and and....
I think I was so caught up in my career and being successful, that I didn't really see what I was missing out on. Having my twins was such a blessing because it forced me to open my eyes in search of solution to remaining home. I know my family has many blessings to be grateful for and I only wish the same for all the other moms out there searching and wishing to be home with their own kiddos like I was. I have dedicate myself to being consistent and truly possessing the desire to succeed. Which for me I chose to work my business over watch my favorite "Days of Our Lives" Soap, because that's when the twins take their afternoon nap which = opportunity. Often times, when my husband comes home late from work he knows he can find me on the computer working my business because that's the sacrifice I'm willing to make. I truly believe it's that motivational drive that it getting me where I want to go. Sometimes my victories are small and sometimes they are absolutely thrilling, but either way all my daily efforts are creating that path to my future goals. To continue to be home with my kids, to become debt free, to be able to lay my head down at night and not worry about the finances, to spend more family time having adventures, to be a great mom and loving wife and truly happy. Those are truly the things that matter to me.
01 02 03
04 Pin It 05 06
07 08 17 18