A Mother's Love

A mother's love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible. (Anonymous)

Monday, May 23, 2011

What Being A Mom Is All About


What Being A Mom Is All About




So I was thinking to myself this morning, as I was waiting on the street corner for the bus to come along and shuttle my little Kindergartner to school, about all the selfless tasks moms set out to do on a daily basis. It may be a thankless job, but to me it is such a rewarding job and makes me grateful everyday for all the little blessings I have.


After all it is the mom who thinks so much of her child that she would stand on the corner come rain or snow in her pink fuzzy slippers and bathrobe just to make sure her child gets on the right school bus. The mom who cheers the loudest during a t-ball game because their child actually hit the ball and made it to first base. She is the Grand Chef who can make hot dogs and Kool-Aide taste like a gourmet meal and never ask for a tip. She is there to advise her children, to believe in them, make sacrifices for them, support them, encourage them, believe in them, forgive them, and unconditionally love them.


To me one things for sure. We wouldn't be where we are today if it wasn't for our mother's love. So in doing what I know matters, I continue on the same path of my mother, and her mother, and so on. Hearing the thunder rumble in the distance and seeing some clouds darken, I zip up my jacket and decide to continue on with the short little walk I promised my 2 year old twins. They giggle with delight and point their fingers ahead all warm and buckled into the double stroller as we walk. I had to make sure they could enjoy some outside time before I layed them down for a nap and begin my other tasks.

By Raegan



"A Mother is the one we count on for the things that matter most of all."

Katherine Butler Hathaway




















01 02 03
04 Pin It 05 06
07 08 17 18